About Dr. Joe
“Hi! I’m Dr. Joseph P. Sciarra, known to all my young patients as “Dr. Joe, and I have practiced Pediatric Dentistry in Woodland Hills, CA, for over 40 years.
During that time, I have had the privilege of providing dental care to thousands of the finest children to be found anywhere. As a Pediatric Dentist, I feel strongly about the importance and advantages of introducing kids to their dentist at a very young age. Youngsters that begin their dental visits around age two will learn to accept dental care more readily and with less apprehension. By starting children so young, many dental problems can also be prevented by early intervention.”
- Bachelor’s Degree from St. Mary’s College of California
- Dental Degree from Loyola University, Chicago
- Pediatric Dental Training at Children’s Hospital Dayton, Ohio
- Married for 43 years, wife Ella is a dental hygienist and works in the office. They have 3 children.
- Proud Papa to two granddaughters, Savanna Marie and Scarlett Stella.
- Dr. Joe enjoys snow skiing, traveling, and spending time with family boating on the Colorado River.
About Dr. Joe
- Member, San Fernando Valley Dental Society
- Member, California Dental Association
- Member, American Dental Association, served as officer in many capacities for over 20 years
- Member, California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Member, American Association of Pediatric Dentistry
- Past Faculty, Western University College of Dental Medicine
- Member, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry